Drain Cleaning and Pipe Repair
Need an experienced plumber who can quickly and efficiently solve your clogged drain problem? Call A & H Plumbing Heating and Cooling anytime! When you’re enjoying a nice hot shower and the water level begins rising to your ankles–contact us right away. While doing the dishes, if the sink refuses to drain and begins to smell like rotten food, or if your toilet is running, making strange noises or clogged–contact an A & H plumbing professional. We fix floor drains, backflow inspection/install, septic tanks, tree root removal and basement lift stations.
What are the signs of clogged drains?
These red flags mean that you should get your plumbing system checked by your service technician, before complications develop:
- Water backs up out of a sink drain
- Water pools around a shower drain, then drains out gradually
- Toilet bowl water bubbles when you run the sink
- Slow draining of water from your bathtub, sink or other fixture
- Gurgling sounds from drains, especially after running a washing machine or dishwasher
- A mysterious puddle of water on the floor near tub or sink
- Rotting food smell from the kitchen sink drain or disposal
This diagram shows many of the common types of vents and drains in most homes. The green pipes represent outgoing wastewater, the yellow pipes represent ventilation tubes, the red pipes indicate hot water, and the blue lines show cold water.
The difference between clogged drains and clogged toilets
With a clogged toilet, your whole family’s day can go down the drain. A & H plumbers understand that this is an urgent situation. Our quick emergency response can help keep a smelly, germ-ridden mess from damaging your home. A clogged drain may not be so urgent–unless there’s a flood, overflow or multiple drains involved. We’ll still make an appointment ASAP to handle your plumbing problem!
Before calling in an expert, you can try these drain clog tips:
- Fill your sink part way with water.
- In a double kitchen sink, plug one drain with a wet rag while plunging the other side.
- For bath sinks, plug the overflow hole with the rag.
- Work the plunger up and down many times and then quickly pull it off the drain. Repeat this a few times.
- Use a flange plunger rather than a cup plunger.
- Don’t resort to chemical drain cleaners as they can corrode your pipes.
No luck with DIY? Call A & H Plumbing Heating & Cooling to fix your clogged drain or other plumbing problem
Don’t stress, but DO call us right away. If the clog is in your home’s main sewer line, it will affect all the plumbing in the house, with backups in almost any fixture you try to use. If the clog is in a secondary line, the “symptoms” will likely be isolated to one area. You need a professional in a hurry-and we’ll be right over.
A & H Maintenance — Prevent a clogged drain from ever ruining your day again
Preventive maintenance is the key to keeping your home’s plumbing system healthy. We offer an economical maintenance plan to clean and maintain your pipes, drains and your entire plumbing system. Neglected pipes are often lined with years of buildup (including hair, sand, rust, grease and minerals from hard water) and they can begin to corrode. Our maintenance is a great way to save money and help prevent future repairs, burst pipe emergencies or inconvenience.
At A & H, we believe in being on time and fixing it right the first time. Our plumbing experts respect your schedule and home. We’re courteous and we won’t leave a mess behind. Our plumbers take pride in providing excellent service! You can call on us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when you experience a plumbing emergency. Contact A & H Plumbing Heating and Cooling today if you experience a drain issue.